Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Norwegian Summer dreaming

By this time in my life Norway feels like a loyal friend. Jakob and I disagree on the number of times I have gone to Norway in the Summer. I am counting ten in my head. Perhaps I am off by one or two in either direction but given that I have spent time in Norway over the Summer for a quarter of the years I have been alive it is safe to say that Norway and I are loyal friends. This also means that Aurora has been in Norway nearly half the years of her life. With our transitory lifestyle the cottage in Norway is one of the most dependable homes she has had. Given that we only visit Norway in the Summer it is also a spot full of Summer dreaming. Days spent catching crabs on the dock, playing games with family or picking berries. No wonder when Aurora was young she would dream in Norwegian. This year was just as perfect as every other.  It was filled with time with family, lovely communal meals, evening laughs and games, boat rides and swims, fresh open sea air and buckets of berries. Soon Aurora will head to Norway to spend the school year. After years of Southern Norwegian summers it will be very interesting to hear her impressions of a different location and different seasons. 

Joy

family

Mountains


Rock hopping 



Swimmable



Wonder what it would be like to live in this house


I wasn't sure what to make of this placement of the royal family? Maybe I need a few more visits to understand

Summer life in town








No comments:

Post a Comment